Data Analyst - Global Insurance Sector
* Salary to £55,000 + generous benefits package
* Flexible Hybrid working available
* Permanent contract
An opportunity to build a long-term career within a market leading international insurance business that is part of one of the world's largest and most successful (re) insurance groups.
Leverage the unique data warehouse and real-time data capture capabilities to build modern solutions to deliver data analytics to both internal Broking, Underwriting and Claims teams as well as clients and the London and Company Insurance Markets.
As a Data Analyst you must have a passion for data, accuracy and efficiency. This varied role is based within the Broking Department, and working closely with the IT Department, to provide analytical support for presentation to Underwriters and Clients aiming to enhance performance and aid the placement of new and renewal business.
* Production and presentation of statistical and data analysis relating to the performance of the business including liaising with Underwriters and Clients and distribution to the Market.
* To continually review and assess data to ensure the Department has all the information it requires, to ensure data is accurate and current.
* To liaise with Underwriters and Clients to enhance the performance of the business.
* To provide assistance to the Chief Broking Officer and Head of Broking as required in order to achieve the departmental objectives.
* Undertake special tasks and lead on small projects as agreed with your line manager. Clarity about such tasks and projects will be provided over time.
* Liaising with all internal departments to ensure data and reporting needs are met.
* Report any data and reporting issues immediately to the line manager or the Chief Innovation Officer.
* Evaluate emerging technologies by building analytical prototypes and solutions based on business requirements to enhance the analytical capabilities of the company.
Key Skills and Experience
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a Data Analytics role within London or Company Insurance Market (broking or syndicates).
* Degree with numerical/computing components or graduate calibre with strong experience.
* CII certification advantageous.
* Excellent organisational skills and a track record of working in a team.
* Analytical minded and detail oriented with problem solving capabilities.
* Interpersonal, team building, written and verbal communication skills required.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills necessary.
* SQL and data manipulation skills in Microsoft SQL Server including SSRS necessary.
* Tableau or relevant Business Intelligence presentation layer tool experience (e.g. QlikView, Domo or Microsoft Power BI) desirable.
Ref ~ 8892
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details